MEMBER SPOTLIGHT


TOM NARDONE
President,
BulletSafe Bulletproof Vests



 



We are pleased to feature SCTA member, BulletSafe Bulletproof Vests, and its President, Tom Nardone, in this month’s member spotlight. BulletSafe offers a great bulletproof vest that companies can actually afford to buy. For just $299 BulletSafe offers the highest level of protection you’ll find in soft armor, level IIIA.


Q. How does your company work within the cash industry?

A: We make outfitting your guards easy. To ship a vest, we only need the guard’s height and weight. Our vests are always in stock and ship right away, so no one is left vulnerable. We make protecting your team easy and affordable.

Q. What are the biggest changes you expect in the future of the cash industry?

A: A lot of companies are considering increasing the number of single person routes. There are some technologies that allow one person to be able to complete a route, but the process also increases the risk for that guard. My clients really want to protect their people in these situations.


Q. What are the biggest challenges the cash industry will face in the next 1-3 years?

A: The biggest challenge in any profession is to spend 99% of your time doing your job well and then that little 1% of the time, to look up and make sure that your company is heading in the right direction. You need to be great at what you do every hour of every day, and to ever-so-slowly steer your ship in the right direction.

My job is to make a great bulletproof vest that people can afford. Every day we need to ship those vests to people who need them, quickly, efficiently, and affordably. Eventually the vest might change, but those changes come slowly while the shipments and customer service continue to happen every day. That’s my challenge.

This industry’s biggest challenge is to transport people and money every single day and to not ever mess up. That’s 99% of the work. The remaining 1% is to see how things are changing. It’s never easy to be great at both.


Q. What drew your organization to become a member of the SCTA?

A: When we launched 5 years ago, we wanted to protect people who have a dangerous job, but don’t have a lot of money. That describes the armored car business perfectly. This industry needs protection and the budgets are always getting squeezed. SCTA is a perfect fit for BulletSafe, and we have several clients in the organization.


 
   

To learn more about BulletSafe Bulletproof Vests, visit BulletSafe.com.



 
 

Interested in having your business featured in our monthly spotlight? Contact Michael Gaul mgaul@securetransportassociation.org


 

Join Forces with Leading Industry Stakeholders.
Get Your Membership Here secure transport association membership

Events Calendar

Find out where we’ll be and join us in supporting the cash industry.

View Upcoming Events

Latest News

Read the latest headlines about the impact of SCT and our partners.

Read the Headlines

Our Members

Learn about the outstanding individuals and organizations sharing our mission.

View List of Members

 

Stay Informed

Enter your email address to receive association updates via email.

For more information, see our Privacy Policy.